Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Next Steps for our bungalow - Shall we remodel the kitchen? Is there homeowner spring fever?

As I sit and have my coffee this morning, I think about next steps for our bungalow.  We have been caretakers and owners since the fall of 2003, and in some ways it seems less.  When we first purchased it, we had so many hopes and dreams.  We have not done as many restorations as we thought, this fall will be our 10 year anniversary.  Now, we have a son, a dog, our beloved cat, T. passed away and now we have an outdoor cat named D.   This past fall my brother passed away from cancer, our uncle passed away last summer,  I've had two aunts from both sides of my family pass away, and my son has lost his first three pet fish.   This morning I woke up at 6:00 AM thinking about all these things.  I headed over to the Peet's coffee by Domenico's on Telegraph avenue.  This is the first time I've been to this cafe so early.

I think I have homeowner spring fever.  I want a new kitchen, but don't want to feel the stress during the process.

One thing I do recommend is this Peet's at 6:00AM.  It is a great place to write and contemplate life.  Peet's does a great job of creating a homey, yet structured feel.  There are comfortable wood chairs with leather tops, long hanging lights, and even a leather sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment