Friday, June 21, 2013

Claremont Diner in Rockridge District, Oakland, CA -Retro 50s

Today is the first day of summer!  As a teacher, I have a little time off and my son and I decided to celebrate by going out for breakfast!  My son chose the Claremont Diner on College Avenue in the Rockridge District of Oakland, CA.   We got there early so walked over to my favorite coffee place, Cole Coffee, which is on College avenue across from Safeway.  The Claremont diner, which opens at 9:00AM, is a true retro style 50s diner that is a great place to go with children!  My son loves this place because there is a overhead, just below the ceiling, toy train that runs around the restaurant through a miniature village.  In order for the train to run, you'll need to ask the waitress.  There are red vinyl booths and a long countertop with swivel booths.  There is a true nostalgic feel and reminds me of Red Knapp restaurant in Rochester, Michigan which is where I grew up going.  They also have a fun neon sign collection.  I'll blog about Knapps another day, maybe when I'm visiting family in Michigan!

Resources:


Claremont Diner
6200 Claremont Avenue
Oakland, CA  94618
(510) 655-5455



2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site? My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would truly benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell us more about this? I'd like to find out some additional information.

    ReplyDelete