Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Arbor Cafe, Telegraph and 42nd streets, Oakland, CA - love the wood mismatched furniture, lovely!

I'm sitting in the Arbor cafe right now, at the corner of Telegraph and 42nd street.  I'm sitting in an old wooden chair with my computer on a wood table.  In front of me, I see an antique chandelier hanging from the wall.  This place is filled with comfortable seating, just made for hanging out with a good cup of coffee.  They only do pour over coffee and french press, they do not do espresso or fancy latte drinks.  This is also refreshing!

They only take cash, no credit cards.  The guy in front of me didn't know this rule, had no cash and pulled out his credit card.  The guy behind the counter said, "Don't worry about it, you can pay next time!"  He actually said this with an empathic,  friendly smile on his face!  We are in the Temescal neighborhood, which is a very hip area of Oakland.  As I write, I hear Fleetwood Mac's "Never Going Back Again."  This place feels very different from the typical modern coffee shop.

The coffee is from Bicycle coffee which is based in the area also, the coffee is actually delivered by bicycles to the different stores and coffee shops.

Here's a picture (taken from oaklandlocal.com, which has a great article about Arbor Cafe available here).


No comments:

Post a Comment