Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que - this place is fun and has great story!!!! Love this place!

I took my mom and son to Lucille's Bar-B-Que last night in Concord, CA right next to Sun Valley mall.   This place is so much fun, my son loves the jazz music, he literally dances in his seat!  They are child friendly and have a great story about how the name Lucille's came to be.   There is an actual smoker with apple and wood, with a bell ringing when the next item is going to be smoked.  What I love about this place is that the waiters and waitresses actually look happy and that means so much to the customer.  I've been here twice and both times have been family excursions, but I think this would also be a fun place to go with friends for drinks and appetizers!  This place is a chain as there are other locations, and I am sometimes wary of chains as they sometimes can lack a personal, bungalow personality!  Yet, the owners of this chain really understand the importance of going to a place and getting local art and culture.  There are pictures of the south and by local artists all over the walls, and they look original.  I would love to have a conversation with the owners about their artwork and ambiance!

Resources:

Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
www.lucillesbbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment