Thursday, January 9, 2014

Recipe for Loaded Potato Pancakes with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives

A few days ago I blogged about the frozen potato pancakes I found at Trader Joe's.  I found another recipe last night, called Loaded Potato Pancakes, on the Trader Joe's recipe website.  I didn't even know before last night that there were recipes available.  I've seen their cookbooks they sell at the store, but I've never had one.  This recipe for Loaded Potato Pancakes sounds savory and delicious!

Recipe for Loaded Potato Pancakes, modified from Trader Joe's website.

Ingredients:

-1 package of Trader Joe's pancakes
-1 cup of Trader Joe's New Zealand Grass Fed Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
 (or any cheddar cheese, I usually shred myself so it is even fresher!  Yet, I have to admit that the shredded variety is really convenient.)
-8 teaspoons of Trader Joe's sour cream
-Chives, diced

Recipe:

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.  place potato pancakes on a non-stick baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes.
3.  Flip pancakes and cook for 7 minutes.
4.  Add cheddar cheese and cook for an additional few minutes, watch carefully
5.  Top with sour cream and chives and serve quickly.

Serves eight

Resources:

Loaded Potato Pancakes
Package of  frozen Trader Joe's Potato Pancakes
www.traderjoes.com
Recipe for Loaded pancakes, www.traderjoes.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=186


We are going to be renting a cabin in the mountains with friends this winter, as this will be a perfect choice of what to put on the menu!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment