Saturday, September 7, 2013

Recipes- Bill's garlic bread

My father, Bill, used to like to make garlic bread just before I went on a date!  He wanted to scare my date away, at least that is what it seemed like at the time.  The first time I ever went on a date, the guy said, "Don't worry, sir, I'll get her home early!"  My dad said, "I'm not worried I already wrote down your license plate number off your car, here it is, and showed him the paper."

Ingredients for  garlic bread on BBQ

soft french loaf bread
1/2 cup of butter
2 tsp. of granulated garlic ( or 1 tbsp. of minced garlic)


Directions:

Melt 1/2 cup of butter with 2 tsp. of granulated garlic ( or the t tbsp. of minced garlic) over low heat.  Slice 1 soft French-style loaf ( about 15 inches long) in half lengthwise and toast, crust side down, on a BBQ  grill until crunchy, about 3 minutes.  Turn and toast cut side about 3 minutes.  Brush garlic butter onto Bread and cut into 1 inch slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment