Monday, July 15, 2013

Kanela Breakfast Club, Old Town, Chicago- yummy breakfasts

My son and I had breakfast at the Kanela Breakfast Club this morning!  My son got the kanela chip pancakes, which consists of pancakes with creme anglaise, kanela chips, and honey butter.  Kanela chips are cinnamon chips, sweet but not as sweet as chocolate chips, he loved it.

I got the spicy feta omelette with yrokafteri cheese (spicy feta) with red onion, fresno pepper, tomato, and toast.  I have to say it was the tastiest omelette I've ever had.  Another breakfast item that looked delicious was the chorizo eggs over easy with avocado, chihuahua cheese, salsa, jalapeño, cilantro, and toast.

I highly recommend this place!  Our waiter, Steve Tinney, was really helpful too, and recommended the spicy feta omelette, after I gave him my top choices.  I love the chandeliers in the place and the simple elegance!  I may be back tomorrow for breakfast!

Update:  The next morning my son wanted to go back, so we did!  This time, we ordered ahead since we were in a hurry, picked it up and ate it on our boat ride.  I recommend eating in house better, the food is so yummy and the atmosphere is so great- I liked it better enjoying the meal in house.

Resources:

Kanela Breakfast Club
Kanelachicago.com
Old Town
1552 North Wells Street
Chicago, Illinois
60610
312-255-1206

No comments:

Post a Comment