Monday, July 15, 2013

Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, Oak Park Illinois

Today, my son and I visited the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio.  Both of us really enjoyed visiting Wright's first home and studio, the birthplace of an architectural revolution.   Wright and his wife raised six children in the home, my son loved it and wanted us to move there!

I discovered through the tour that Wright used this home (1889) to explore design concepts that would shape his architectural philosophy.  Later, Wright built an adjacent studio (1898), where he and his associates developed a new American architecture- the Prairie style.  I also found out through the tour that the area around the home and studio has the largest number of Wright-designed homes anywhere!

My son says, "I liked the tour.  I want to live there.  My mommy got me blocks there!"

Resources:

Home and Studio Tour-  Guided, 1 hour
Adults:  $15.00
Students/Seniors:  $12.00

Photography Pass - Available on every scheduled home and studio guided tour, permits still photography for personal use.  This pass is $5.00 in addition to tour price.

Walking tour of Frank Lloyd Wright Historic District - Self guided audio tour is 45-90 minutes.
Prices:  $15.00 for adults, $12.00 for students and seniors.  Guided walks are offered on Saturdays and Sundays.

Tip:  You can save $5.00 when you purchase both the home, studio, and historic district tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment