Friday, April 12, 2013

Jules Thin Crust Pizza - on College Avenue in North Oakland! Heaven!

I think that we in Rockridge have pizza heaven!  Jules Thin Crust Pizza just opened across from Zachary's pizza!  

Jules Thin Crust Pizza and Zachary's have very different flavors and styles.  Jules only has thin crust pizza, plus they have a gluten free option.   Zachary's also has thin crust, but I  they specialize in the Chicago deep dish style.

Now we have our bases covered in Rockridge.  We have the yummy Jules thin, light as a feather crust and gluten free pizza plus we have the yummy  Zachary's Chicago style deep dish.   The Jules pizza  reminds me of when I first graduated from college and traveled through Europe.  When visiting Italy I first had real Italian pizza, and it was really thin.  I lived on that thin pizza while in Italy because the other dinner foods were much more expensive.  

I have been going to the Jules Thin Crust in Danville for over a year.  I discovered it after meeting friends there.  The gluten free pesto pizza is my favorite and is amazingly delicious and savory.  My son loves either the gluten free or regular plain children's cheese variety.  The Rockridge Jules is clean, large, and everyone that works there is super friendly and helpful!  There is even a table outside if you want to bring your pooch!  

I am so happy that Jules Pizza is now in Rockridge!  They are even thinking of starting to deliver by bicycle to homes in the area.  They are so nice that when I asked one guy that works there about them being across from Zachary's, he said, "Who doesn't love Zachary's?"  He then told me how they are different, and appeal to a different market.

I  agree.  Zachary's does not do gluten free, which has been difficult for me when family come to visit and everyone wants to go to Zachary's (and I have to go there and have a salad).  Now, I can run across the street and get my own variety!  Jules also sells the gluten free pizza dough so you can make your own delicious pizza at home!  For dessert, Jules sells Mariposa gluten free brownies which are delicious in their own right!

Thanks for being part of the Rockridge neighborhood, Jules!

Resources:

Jules Thin Crust Pizza
College Ave
Rockridge district
Oakland, CA
(This location is only a block away from Rockridge BART)

No comments:

Post a Comment