Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Broadmoor Hotel, From 1871 to present, in Colorado Springs, Colorado

I love the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado was built in 1871.   I went there in 2008 when my son was only a few months old, and it was his first time flying.   My husband had business there, so my son and I came along. I scooted my son around the beautiful five star property in his stroller, it was delightful!  I especially loved the Golden Bee Pub. It came to Broadmoor in 1901 as a collection of panels and fixtures from a 19th century English Pub.  In the pub, there is a ragtime piano player that entertains guests with rousing sing alongs.  The ale is even served in yards, interesting since Colorado Springs was once nicknamed "Little London."

Resources:

The Broadmoor Hotel
Colorado Springs, Colorado
www.broadmoor.com


No comments:

Post a Comment