Monday, August 19, 2013

Berkeley, CA- Build Pizza, at Morse Block, built in 1906

The new Build Pizza was a surprise to me, as I walked by the Morse Block (in downtown Berkeley) today with my son.  The new restaurant is on the Morse Block, built by Dickey and Reed, architects in 1906.  The appearance of the ground floor has changed many times, but the buff brick and classically detailed facade of the upper floors are original.  My son and I loved our gluten free pizza that we designed ourselves at the BUILD bar!  They have both regular and gluten free pizza, and a whole bunch of ingredients to choose from to put on your pizza.  I thought we'd have to wait a long time, but our pizza only took 5 minutes.

I highly recommend this new place!

Build Pizzeria Roma
2013 "Best of the EAST BAY"
2286 Shattuck Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94704
info@builpizzeria.com
www.buildpizzeria.com
"Find Your Inner Pizza"

This Wednesday meet Josh Charlton, from North Coast Brewing, Fort Bragg, CA

Here are old and new photos of the Morse Block from the Berkeley Historical Plaque Project website:





No comments:

Post a Comment