Saturday, April 6, 2013

There is a new bakery in Oakland - Sweet Bar Bakery- YUM!

When I was growing up in Michigan we used to go visit family on the farm and then on the way back we'd visit an amazing bakery in Richmond, MI.  I remember how the smell of freshly baked bread, cakes, and cookies would fill the air as we walked toward the bakery in the small town.  After I moved away, I was so sad to come back to the town and find out the bakery was gone.  It felt like the soul of the town was also gone.

Well, Oakland, CA is coming to life.  I feel good bakeries give life and soul to a place.  I love bakeries, especially ones specializing in food with organic wholesome ingredients.

The Sweet Bar Bakery feels like a small town bakery, though it is on Broadway in Oakland, CA.  I first tasted their delicious cupcakes when they had set up a tent this past summer on First Friday in front of their new location.  Though they hadn't quite officially opened, they already were gathering quite a following.  My son and I went there today and got cookies, coffee, and a sandwich.  Who says you can't go home again?

Resources:

Sweet Bar Bakery
sweet bar bakery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment