Monday, August 19, 2013

Shelton McMurphy House, Eugene, Oregon

Last week I went to the Shelton McMurphy House in Eugene, Oregon with my son and friend, Karen. This house has been a local landmark since its construction in 1888.  The house is a great place to enjoy a guided tour, learn about local history (my son loved the old fashioned bike best,) join their book club, take tea, attend a lecture, or host a party or other event!  I would love to attend one of their teas someday, the next available dates are the Harvest teas on October 12th and 13th.  They also have holiday teas in early December.  My grandmother started my love of tea parties when I was a little girl, so I love going to these historic homes and having tea.

Resources:

Shelton McMurphey House
http://www.smjhouse.org

No comments:

Post a Comment