Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Missing Indian Village

Tonight, as I sit in our small bungalow in California, I think of the historic old homes in Indian Village in Michigan.  I remember driving through the neighborhood before Thanksgiving, and I wonder if there are Christmas lights and decorations put up on the trees!  To be honest, I love that little enclave in Detroit.  I can imagine buying one of those old huge homes with four bedrooms and two or even three bathrooms for only $200,000 to 250,000 (or even less)  and creating a home in the community.  I'd have my son go to the local Waldorf School in the neighborhood and join one of the churches.  I wish I'd had a chance to go to a few open houses while I was there.  

Resources:
www.historicindianvillage.org
Detroit Waldorf School, Indian Village, Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment