Saturday, June 18, 2022

ADU etiquette Part 1

 Given my involvement with teaching during a pandemic for several years, I have missed much of the ADU news over the past years.  Now,  I am doing some research into this phenomena, now that it is summer and I have some real actual encounters with what I call “planet ADU”  in Rockridge.  

My first thought is in respect to a favorite singer when he was interviewed regarding tips after raising his two sons with his long time sweet wife.  He said he told his sons “Don’t be an ass hole.”  I will start with that one way is being an asshole is lying about whether you are doing an ADU and pretending to want need your neighbor to cut three inches from their deck for drainage and to prevent water damage, when you really just want to crawl under their deck and build and expand your property, and create an ADU.  When one is an asshole promptly admit it and take responsibility, and make up damage, such as offering to remove the piece of wood illegally built by trespassing.  

y

1 comment: