Sunday, June 2, 2019

Summer 2019 County Fairs near Bay Area

We love County Fairs!  I learned to really love them from my Uncle Marvin.  Here are some of our favorite things about County Fairs!

Favorite Things....
1. All kinds of baby and little animals, I love big ones too!
2. 4-H exhibits, and imagining my son’s projects and initials if we had lived in the country
3.  Watching people eat the new fried food crazes, I love watching people eat fried Oreos!
4.  Smelling kettle corn, it reminds me of someone I used to bring kettle corn too, as a gift
5.  Quilts and sewing projects
6.  Old time craft displays such as blacksmithing, candlemaking, wood shop, etc.  I imagine having a space space in an old barn for my children to do these crafts
7.  Looking at pies, cakes, and other desserts, watching my son find the best chocolate chip cookie ever!
8. Night lights, concerts,   and remembering ride I have been on before and don’t want to go on again!
9.  Hearing the squeals of laughter from children
10.  Remembering my Uncle Marvin who went to the local county fair near our family farm every year and always talked about the fried chicken made from the church ladies!

County Fairs near the San Francisco Bay Area:

June 8-16   San Mateo County Fair

June 27-30. Solans County Fair

July 3-7  Marin County Fair

June 14- July 7. Alameda County Fair

August 1-4. Santa Clara County Fair

August 1-11  Sonoma County Fair

August 15-25. Himboldt County Fair.

September 11-15. Santa Cruz County Fair

I will keep adding as I find out about more!




No comments:

Post a Comment