Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Katie Couric Show - The Power of Two


I have to be honest, I've never watched the Katie Couric show before, but I will be watching today at 3:00.  My friend Isa Stenzel Byrnes is going to be on the Katie show today with her twin sister Ana Stenzel.  In the Bay Area, Katie Couric is on KGO (ABC), channel 7, at 3pm today.  The focus for today is "Twin Madness," and Katie will feature stories about sibling multiples.

Isa and her twin overcame life-threatening illness with the "Power of Two."  They both were born with Cystic Fibrosis.  Together they graduated from Stanford University, went to U.C. Berkeley for Masters degrees, and got double lung transplants (Ana has had two).

You can watch their story in their movie, The Power of Two.  It is an award-winning documentary that tells the story of the twins' fight against CF, their transplants, and their advocacy on the life-saving importance of transplants in the U.S. and in Japan.



I've decided I'm going to have to start taping some of Katie Couric's shows for my late night TV watching.  When I looked at Katie's website, the topics she focuses on look fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment