Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Easy Plumbing

My grandfather was a plumber.  I therefore like to think that I have some facility for plumbing in my genes.

This fantasy seriously cracks my wife up.

At any rate, I feel like I'm at least generally capable of doing easy plumbing (like fixing clogged drains).  I understand how to shut off the water in a toilet BEFORE it overflows, unlike some friends (who shall remain nameless).  And I understand how to use a plunger.

I also think that in an old bungalow with a 2-year-old, a very narrow four-claw pickup tools is ESSENTIAL for your set of tools.

Our bathroom sink drains have small, easily-removable drain covers on them.  Removing the drain cover seems to speed up the drain rather dramatically at times.

Unfortunately, doing so makes it easy to drop spare change and toothpaste tube caps into the drain.

Enter the four-claw pickup tool.

More in future posts about serious and not-so-easy plumbing in older bungalows.

No comments:

Post a Comment