Saturday, September 8, 2012

Yummy Seared Halibut

I find myself missing summer, though officially summer isn't over!  I made a delicious island teriyaki seared halibut this past week that everyone loved and with the tropical flavors it felt very summery!   Plus, I didn't even have to create the marinade.  With school starting and work busy, I really want to start making mealtime delicious and nutritious for my son, yet reasonable for me to cook in a short amount of time.

Island Teriyaki Seared halibut Recipe-

Before cooking the halibut, wash it thoroughly under cold water, pat dry with a paper towel (or clean towel).

I like to use my lodge cast iron skillet for searing food because it is also oven safe.  Pan searing adds a delicious crust to the outside of the halibut.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In the lodge cast iron skillet (the pan needs to be oven safe for this recipe), sear halibut 2-3 minutes on each side, with a generous amount of Organicville Island Teriyaki sauce and marinade.  This marinade is all natural plus gluten free.  Transfer the pan to the oven and finish cooking for  5-6 minutes.

Yummy!!!  My four year old (and my husband and I) loved this recipe!

Resources:

Lodge cast iron pan (I recommend the 12 inch preseasoned skillet from Lodge; the 8-inch is a bit too small for this sort of recipe).


Organicville Island Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade
Sky Valley Foods
878 Firetower Road
Yanceyville,  NC 27379
www.organicvillefoods.com

I found this marinade at Whole Foods Market.  It is also available online:




With love,

Bungalow Mama

P.S.  I do not recommend this marinade for cooking shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment