Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dreams vs. Reality in buying an old bungalow

Recently I've been remembering when we first got our bungalow years ago.  We had so many hopes and dreams for this home, and truly wanted to be stewards to preserve the home.  Yet, today, as I look at our home,  I feel extremely frustrated in the way it has taken so long to get things done.  Also, it has been more expensive than we could ever have expected.  Our most recent kitchen bid was more expensive than an entire home in my home town of Michigan.   Neeedless to say, we  decided not to remodel the kitchen at this time.  We are not sure of our next step......

When people buy these bungalows, it is so hard to be realistic and practical.  I wish we'd actually done the work BEFORE we moved in.  That is my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment