Friday, May 13, 2011

Bungalow Heaven in Pasadena

Several weeks ago, I wrote with eager anticipation about our eagerly anticipated trip down to Pasadena for the annual Bungalow Heaven home tour.

On Saturday April 10th, we set out for the long drive down to Pasadena.  It was a great road trip.  Our 3-year-old did really well, especially given the distance.

We stayed at a nice craftsman-like B&B in Pasadena, which will be the subject of an upcoming post.  The next morning we had a decent breakfast, with some vanilla-flavored coffee.

We checked in and got our tickets at the fantastic park down the street from Bungalow Heaven.  My wife walked off to a class on gardening, while I stayed behind with our son to play at the park for about an hour.

About 5 minutes after she left, with our son playing on the playground, I knew something was wrong.  Very wrong.  Not with our son -- but with me.  Stomach virus.  For the first time in a decade (or two).

I didn't want to interrupt the gardening class.  I did want to do the tour.  I will avoid getting graphic -- but things were getting pretty darn grim for me.

In the end, I personally only got to see one of the six houses on the tour.  I'll post about that one soon.  My wife got a chance to see a few of the others.  She'll post about those.

And that's the cause of the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment