Sunday, October 23, 2011

More Sidewalk

Progress on our sidewalk was a lot faster than it has taken me to write about it!

Our biggest concern during this process was that the corners of the driveway be curved properly so that we would no longer end up running into the corner with our car.  The driveway is tight, and the fact that the curb had been pushed upward by the massive tree roots growing underneath was the biggest part of the problem.  But we didn't want to replace that problem with an abrupt and high curbline that makes it impossible to turn into the driveway.

We ended up talking with the contractor's workers about this pretty much daily.  In the end, I used a massive sledgehammer that I borrowed in order to hack off and curve part of the sidewalk where we wanted the new driveway to slope.  Swinging that thing sent major shock-waves up my arms; I could feel it for days afterward.  I also had to hack off about 6 inches from the curb on both sides of the driveway:





No comments:

Post a Comment